The ancient city of Atlantis, a city beneath the sea, a civilization
greater than the world has ever seen...
One day a low drone is heard throughout the ocean metropolis.
The stars go out. Gorgon vessels fill the sky, pounding the city
mercilessly. A cry reaches every citizen -
"Defend Atlantis - before it becomes a watery grave!"
Defend Atlantis! Blast Gorgon vessels before they come close
enough to demolish Atlantis with the death ray. Score
you can rebuild a portion of the city the Gorgons have demolished.
Game ends when all six sections of Atlantis have been leveled.
Atlantis is a 1-player Game
* Insert cartridge, with label facing the keyboard, into the slot on the
computer console. Turn power on.
* Use the left joystick controller
* Position controller so that the red firing button rests in the upper
Pick Your Game
* When the Imagic logo and Atlantis game screen appear,
select one of four skill levels with the left joystick controller.
* The more advanced the skill level, the faster the Gorgon ships fly.
* Easy: lean joystick right, or simply press red firing button.
* Medium: Push joystick away from you.
* Hard: lean joystick left.
* Expert: pull joystick toward you.
* Skill level appears in place of the Imagic logo.
* To begin action, press red firing button.
* To play at the same skill level again after a game ends,
press the red button on the left controller.
* To select, a new game, press RESET and pick the desired skill level.
You command the two Atlantean sentry posts with your left joystick controller.
* A sentry post guards either side of the city. They cannot be destroyed.
* To fire from left or right sentry posts, lean joystick left or right.
* Press red firing button.
* Once a sentry post has been selected for fire, it remains
selected after the joystick is released.
* To fire from selected sentry post: press red button.
* To select other sentry post: press joystick in that direction.
* The Domed Palace projects a powerful force field that protects the other
four Atlantean installations. As a result, the Gorgon death
demolish the dome and then the Palace before the rest of Atlantis becomes
vulnerable to attack.
When things look desperately bad for the Atlantean defenders,
a secret weapon can help even the odds! Destroy a sky full of
Gorgon ships by unleashing the Blitz Bomb!
* To fire Blitz Bomb : push joystick forward.
* Gorgon vessels will instantly disintegrate!
Don't be impulsive! You receive only one Blitz Bomb per wave.
Listen for the 8 beeps that tell you when a wave ends.
You score each time you vaporize a Gorgon vessel. You must
hit the ship directly to score.
Destroy a Gorgon ship: 250 points
* At the end of a wave, you receive 1000 points for each part
of Atlantis that survives the Gorgon assault.
* If the Gorgon death ray damages or destroys the
Palace, a new one can replace it at the end of the current
wave. You earn a bonus Domed Palace:
At every 10,000 point mark you reach up to 100,000
At every 100,000 point mark up to 1,000,000
A damaged or destroyed Domed Palace is only replaced at the
end of a wave. Should the entire city be leveled before the end of
the wave, no new Domed Palace appears. The game ends.
* You earn no points for Gorgon ships destroyed with the Blitz Bomb.